Breaque – Hausaufgabe 29
Valentine’s day, love in the air, all that stuff. Instead of fattening the wallets of greedy greeting card companies, how about delighting that significant other of yours with lovely, lovely house music*? Thanks to this second serving of a double-dip Hausaufgabe for February, you can!
The sugary sweet selection contains a thick layer of chords, with a sprinkle of techno and even a hint of early 90s breakbeat. The quality of artists such as John Tejada and Roberto Rodriguez is given, but Mercury’s bound-to-be-a-hit pulls off a seemingly impossible feat: heavy use of both Beatport noise and blog house basslines, but I’m still playing it? Perhaps in the spirit of Valentine I’ve gone soft. At least temporarily.
Finishing with a shameless plug: in Berlin this week? You can catch myself, Teemu P and a bunch of our friends playing in Raumklang on Saturday the 16th. If I survive, see you in episode #30..
* Actual levels of loveliness may vary.
01. Sek – West Coast Ride [Lost My Dog]
02. Dragos Ungureanu – Untitled [Diferit]
03. Phoobooz – Winter Chills [Benthic]
04. Alci – Naked Sucker [Robsoul]
05. Mercury – Man [Gomma]
06. Roberto Rodriguez – Oxymoron [Freerange]
07. Dimi Wilson – Never Looking Back [Dogmatik]
08. Move D – Say I [Electric Minds]
09. Neitee & Yeutta – Star Island [HEAVY]
10. Nolan – Bitter Sweat (John Tejada Remix) [Gruuv]
11. Kid Enigma – Infidel [Bluetown]
12. Death on the Balcony – The Colour that You Bring to Me (Nick Monaco’s Colours of 93 Remix) [Smoke N Mirrors]
Breaque on SoundCloud