Valentine’s day, love in the air, all that stuff. Instead of fattening the wallets of greedy greeting card companies, how about delighting that significant other of yours with lovely, lovely house music*? Thanks to this second serving of a double-dip Hausaufgabe for February, you can!
The sugary sweet selection contains a thick layer of chords, with a sprinkle of techno and even a hint of early 90s breakbeat. The quality of artists such as John Tejada and Roberto Rodriguez is given, but Mercury’s bound-to-be-a-hit pulls off a seemingly impossible feat: heavy use of both Beatport noise and blog house basslines, but I’m still playing it? Perhaps in the spirit of Valentine I’ve gone soft. At least temporarily.
Finishing with a shameless plug: in Berlin this week? You can catch myself, Teemu P and a bunch of our friends playing in Raumklang on Saturday the 16th. If I survive, see you in episode #30..
* Actual levels of loveliness may vary.
01. Sek – West Coast Ride [Lost My Dog]
02. Dragos Ungureanu – Untitled [Diferit]
03. Phoobooz – Winter Chills [Benthic]
04. Alci – Naked Sucker [Robsoul]
05. Mercury – Man [Gomma]
06. Roberto Rodriguez – Oxymoron [Freerange]
07. Dimi Wilson – Never Looking Back [Dogmatik]
08. Move D – Say I [Electric Minds]
09. Neitee & Yeutta – Star Island [HEAVY]
10. Nolan – Bitter Sweat (John Tejada Remix) [Gruuv]
11. Kid Enigma – Infidel [Bluetown]
12. Death on the Balcony – The Colour that You Bring to Me (Nick Monaco’s Colours of 93 Remix) [Smoke N Mirrors]
Breaque on SoundCloud
Full link to the Breaque – Hausaufgabe 29 page